“This element of the promotion offers a way for consumers to engage with the Popeyes brand in a fun and personalized way,” said Dick Lynch, chief global brand officer at Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen.
The promotion debuts the first work created for Popeyes by Campbell Mithun, who was recently named digital agency of record. The agency will support Popeyes with digital integration of key promotions, social-media efforts, mobile marketing and analytics/reporting. Campbell Mithun has deep QSR capabilities, having served clients including Burger King, Dairy Queen and Chi-Chi’s.
“We originally stepped into the social media space to go to where our customers are and engage with them,” said Lynch. “Bringing on a digital agency is an exciting next step for our brand and will allow us to take our online efforts to a new level.”
“What we love about the Popeyes partnership is the passion surrounding the brand,” said Rachael Marret, president of Campbell Mithun. “Their customers are in love with their food and many are already active users of social and mobile. And the marketing team is eager to stretch the brand in the digital space, so we are excited by the opportunity.”
To capitalize on that consumer passion for Popeyes, the May Mood Wing app will deliver customized mood-indicator responses based on digital analysis of recent Facebook or Twitter activity. Users can access the app via www.popeyes.com or Popeyes’ Facebook and Twitter accounts. Sample Facebook posts follow, which represent just a few of the many that could be served up to app users:
- You should come with your own warning label.
- !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I think these belong to you)
- Your spiciness would make a fire stop, drop, and roll.
- YYou’re hot! You’re not. You’re hot! You’re not. (Repeat 73 times.)
- You’re like a yo-yo of unpredictable spiciness.
- You’re the flip-flopper of the fried chicken world.
- If you were a late ‘50s jazz musician, you’d be Mild Davis.
- You’re the calm before the storm, but without the storm.
- People call you “Mild Thing.” And you make their hearts hum softly.