Candidates must send tweets during a 13-day period beginning February 13,
Agency Campbell Mithun will hire its group of 2011 Lucky 13 summer interns based on an application of 13 Career-Launching Tweets sent between the dates of February 13 – 25, 2011. The process gives job seekers thirteen 140-character chances to showcase their strengths and their social-media moxie. Interested applicants should register via the Lucky 13 website.
“Submitting an application via Twitter supports the digital and creative nature of our business,” said Debbie Fischer, vice president and human resources manager for the agency. “We anticipate a lively and interesting social-media exchange.”
Each summer the agency offers a paid internship to a group of Lucky 13 interns who have just completed their junior or senior year of college. Each intern becomes a member of a specific agency department, yet the interns also share and learn from each other. In 2011, interns will be hired in the following discipline areas:
- · Account Management: These teams guide and direct how the agency makes Everything Talk for a specific client brand.
- · Media: Staffers in the Compass Point Media unit recommend just the right way to deliver a brand message to its audience – and get the deal done.
- · Creative: Interns will work as an art director or a copywriter, depending on their own creative bent.
- · Technology: If you’re the type of person who would love to go to f8 or I/O, join our Tech team. Our technologists create immersive and engaging consumer applications and experiences for brands.
Lucky 13 Twitter Application Process
- 1. January 13, 2011: Registration opens on www.lucky13internship.com. Eligibility: Applicants MUST be a college student with a graduation date between fall 2010 and summer 2012.
- 2. February 13-25, 2011: Candidates submit application in the form of 13 Career-Launching Tweets. Each tweet must:
- Include primary #L13 hashtag
- Include secondary hashtag identifying targeted internship discipline;
- Account Management: #CMam
- Media: #CMcpm
- Creative: #CMcr8
- Technology: #CMt3ch
- Communicate applicant’s qualifications for the targeted discipline