Advertise on MNPR

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

CCF launches new campaign for MNsure

Minneapolis-based advertising agency Clarity Coverdale Fury launched a new campaign this week for MNsure, the State of Minnesota’s health insurance marketplace. The campaign is based on the theme “95% of Minnesotans now have health insurance. 100% need it.”  

The multimedia campaign addresses common misperceptions about MNsure and the affordability of health insurance. As of May 2014, a record-high 95 percent of Minnesotans had health coverage. This campaign is targeted to the remaining 5 percent and focuses on overcoming the barriers preventing them from seeking insurance and connecting them with resources to get enrolled.

“Many people don’t think they can afford insurance or find the enrollment process too overwhelming. Others simply think they’ll never need insurance. The goal was to challenge each of these concerns head on,” said Rob Rankin, President of Clarity Coverdale Fury.

The campaign, launched this week, features three emotionally-charged TV spots that show the value of health insurance through real-life stories of people who are uninsured or recently insured. “We wanted our message to mirror the frustration uninsured individuals and parents may feel when they are forced to choose between getting medical care they need but can’t afford, versus trying to care for themselves the best they can,” said Jac Coverdale, Executive Creative Director.

In addition, print, online and out-of-home ads help break through financial barriers and attitudes of invincibility by highlighting affordability messaging plus the cost of not having insurance.

The campaign runs through the end of the open enrollment period (February 15) and includes radio, direct mail and collateral as well as support for MNsure’s grassroots outreach efforts. To view the work and learn more about the campaign, please click here.