The Minnesota chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) announces its new leadership for 2014. Minnesota PRSA is the ninth largest chapter of PRSA, the world’s leading organization for public relations professionals.
|Anna Lewicki Long|
Led by President, Anna Lewicki Long, APR, Communications Director at the Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs, Minnesota PRSA is comprised of more than 350 professionals from agency, corporate, non-profit, government and freelance sectors. Chapter programming and services support and engage members at every stage of their careers with knowledge, resources and connections to achieve professional excellence, drive ethical and strategic outcomes and advocate for the profession, within a fun and supportive environment.
“Minnesota PRSA brings the power of a global society to the individual,” said Lewicki Long. “In addition to resources available through our national chapter, Minnesota PRSA delivers exceptional, relevant opportunities to connect and to learn at the local level. It’s an exciting time to be in the growing public relations field, as organizations increasingly understand the critical role of public relations to organizational strategy. The diverse background of our 2014 leadership team will help us continue to promote our profession within this market and equip our members with tools to strive for professional excellence.”
The chapter’s 2014 leadership consists of the Executive Committee and Board of Directors as follows:
- President – Anna Lewicki Long, APR, Communications Director, Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs
- Vice President – Joel Swanson, APR, President, Risdall Public Relations
- Treasurer – Jason Sprenger, APR, President, Game Changer Communications
- Secretary – Heather Cmiel, APR, Director, Bellmont Partners
- Ethics Officer – Dr. Michael Porter, APR, Director, Master of Business Communication Program, University of Saint Thomas
- Immediate Past President – Tracy Carlson, APR, Director, Media Relations, PadillaCRT
Board of Directors
- Angela Babb, APR, Director of Communications, American Academy of Neurology
- Eva Keiser, APR, Principal, the plural i
- Lisa Hiebert, APR, Director of Strategic Marketing, Better Business Bureau of Minnesota and North Dakota
- Theresa Skillrud, APR, Marketing Consultant, Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota
- Sarah Stakston, APR, Group Manager, Weber Shandwick
- Gregory J. Zimprich, APR, Senior Vice President of Agency Operations and Strategic Insights, Kohnstamm Communications
Leadership biographies can be found on the Minnesota PRSA website (http://www.mnprsa.com/about/board-of-directors/).