Joyce succeeds Chris Schermer, of SCHERMER, who served as president since the chapter was founded in November 2008. In 2011, Schermer joined the BMA National Board of Directors but will remain involved in the chapter leadership as Past President.
BMA–Minnesota’s Board of Directors is comprised of experienced business-to-business marketing professionals that reflectthe depth and diversity of Minnesota’s B2B Marketing community. In 2012, six new board members joined the organization’s leadership illustrating the continued growth of the organization among Twin Cities B2B marketing professionals.
“This is a top market with lots of great B2B companies and talent. BMA Twin Cities is made up of great people and top professionals committed to helping connect the B2B marketing community to people and resources,” said Dan Joyce, president, BMA–Minnesota. “The new board is passionate about creating a great organization to help members and guest learn, grow and network.”
Topics slated to be addressed in 2012 include: new search marketing strategies, in-person and virtual events, content management and online decision making.
Now entering its fourth year, BMA–Minnesota is the only organization in Minnesota dedicated solely to the professional development of B2B executives, marketers and communicators. With nearly 100 members, the chapter is one of the strongest in the nation. In 2011 more than 600 individuals attended the chapter’s B2B specific programming with 300 individuals attending three or more events.
Members of BMA–Minnesota's 2012 Board of Directors are:
· President — Dan Joyce, Honeywell
· Past President — Chris Schermer, SCHERMER
· Treasurer — Eric Peterson, Accordant Consulting
· Communications Vice President — Eva Keiser, The Plural I Communications
· Membership Vice President — Mary Schneider, Rust Consulting
· Professional Development Vice President — Nancy Gregson, Ergotron
· Directors — Jane Payfer, Ergotron; Ann McGuire, 3M; Stephani Simon, Orange Communications; LeeAnn Villella, Nina Hale, Inc.; Bruce Volkart, Volkart May & Associates, Inc.; Nick Wassenberg, Reeher LLC and Heidi Wight, Padilla Speer Beardsley.
For additional information about BMA–Minnesota and upcoming programming, please visit www.bmaminnesota.org.